Many of us have difficulty sleeping and constantly fight insomnia. As a result, we often crawl out of bed with limited energy, and wind up being sluggish throughout the day. Lack of sleep can then lead to other issues such as stress. However, we don’t want to rely on medication to help us sleep, as that can lead to some unhealthy issues. Therefore, we want to focus on more natural alternatives.
For those of us who battle insomnia, there are a few easy tips to getting to sleep faster.
1. Don’t go to bed hungry. If you go to bed feeling hungry, your mind will focus on that hunger and you will find it difficult to fall asleep.
2. Avoid drinking too much alcohol or soda before bed. Alcoholic beverages and sodas with caffeine can act as a diuretic and cause you to need to go to the bathroom during the night
3. Do your best to empty your mind. If you go to bed with a lot on your mind, say about work or a relationship issue, you will have trouble falling asleep. Write things down so you can address any issues in the morning.
4. Avoid drinking any beverages with caffeine after mid-day.
5. Have sex; having sex before sleep is a great way to get relaxed.
6. Do some reading before bed. Reading allows you to get relaxed, as it helps take your mind off the day’s events. However, it is best to read something a little boring, rather than an exciting novel or magazine.
7. Try to fit in a workout every day. Daily exercise helps you burn off some of that pent up energy. The body also needs plenty of sleep to recover from vigorous workouts. However, it is not a good idea to exercise too close to bed time, as you may still feel too energized afterward.
8. Take a warm bath. This is one of the best ways to get yourself to relax after a long day. Try taking a bath a couple hours before bedtime.
9. Get yourself to put the computer down by a certain time. Unfortunately, surfing the web can be somewhat addicting, and can cause the time to pass by quickly. Before you know it, it is much later at night, and you rob yourself of important sleep time before you have to wake up to start the next day.
10. Learn how to meditate. Meditation is a great way to help you relax and clear your mind before bed.
There are obviously many other ways that we can try to incorporate into our lifestyle to help us sleep better. Diet, exercise, and getting rid of the stress in our lives are probably the best ways to help us sleep better. These are just a few tips and ideas for you to learn that if you apply consistently, will help you beat insomnia more often than not!
Article Source: EzineArticles.com/expert/Scott_A._Cole/237960
Donna explains how you can beat insomnia by using these 3 tips:
Tip #1 – Turn off the TV 30-45 minutes before going to bed
Tip #2 – Listen to relaxing music
Tip #3 – Drink a soothing tea
For more videos from Donna and Rasa Living [Spirit.Senses.Style.] subscribe to her YouTube channel:
Rasa Living [Spirit.Senses.Style.]